Friday, August 01, 2003

Friday Five

1. What time do you wake up on weekday mornings?

Well, the alarms (yes, that’s plural) start going off about 6:10am and I’m usually up by 6:30am unless it’s a really bad day and then I might get up as late as 6:45. I have a 30+ mile commute every day so I have to leave my house by 7:10am to assure I will be at work by 8:00am. If I leave even as late as 7:15am I may not be on time.

2. Do you sleep in on the weekends? How late?

Abso-freakin-lutely! I love to sleep! I let my body regulate when I get up on the weekends. Whenever it’s had enough sleep it lets me know and I get up.

3. Aside from waking up, what is the first thing you do in the morning?

Turn on the shower, use the bathroom, shed the jammies and hop in the shower.

4. How long does it take to get ready for your day?

On a workday it takes me about 30 minutes or so because I put all my make-up on while sitting at the inordinately long stoplights at which I must sit before getting to the interstate. Hey, it gives me something to do! I also don’t fuss with my hair as much as during the week.

On a weekend I guess it varies. If I have the time I like to add a little bit of pampering to my routine. I might paint my toenails—a variation of red of course—and lavish myself from head-to-toe in wonderfully scented lotion. I might deep condition my hair and use a sugar-based exfoliating scrub all over my body to make my skin as smooth and soft as possible. I might take a long candle-lit bubble bath and read for a while. If I have the time I’ll go through all the moisturizing steps with creams and the like to pamper my face as well. I would actually take the time to fix my hair curly and style it so it looks a tad wanton. I would also take my time with my make-up and not just throw it on like I do for work. If I were to do ALL of those things it would take me about two hours to get ready but I very rarely spend more than an hour even when I’m going out somewhere nice.

5. When possible, what is your favorite place to go for breakfast?

Well, my favorite place to go is called La Madeleine but they don’t have them in our area so I guess my second favorite place would have to be Cracker Barrel. I have never been a big breakfast person but lately I’m coming to enjoy it more and more. I think what I enjoy is leisurely sitting down with friends and family and starting the day off with good coffee and conversation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home