Monday, December 30, 2002


Home again, Home again, Jiggity Jig.

Well, I'm back and swirling with emotions about as cohesive as oil and vinegar. On the one hand I am happy to be back to a slightly colder climate, my own bed, and my husband and on the other hand I am already missing my Mom and Dad. The brief time of visiting was not nearly long enough to sate my desire for familial bonding. Unfortunately neither did I have enough time to simply "be." My dad and I did not get to watch old movies. My mother and I did not get to wander the antique stores until our hearts were content and our wallets were empty. With the hustle and bustle of getting everything ready for Christmas there was very little time to sit leisurely and drink a cup of coffee and simply enjoy each other's company.

However, I am thankful for the time my brother and I spent at dinner one evening having a long discussion about our own dysfunctional characteristics (relating to the aforementioned epiphany). As opposite in personality as, we are we discovered some very similar traits in how we deal with significant others in relationships, I with my husband and he with his now-ex-girlfriend. For me, at least, this answers some of my questions on the whole Nature V. Nurture debate. I was both disgusted with myself and yet somewhat relieved to know I was not alone in my dysfunction. So now the question is, how does one go about "fixing" everything? Although, I suppose the better question would be is it even possible for this leopard to change her spots?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home