Thursday, December 19, 2002

I Need A Break

I'm listening to (don't laugh) Run by George Strait. GOD I love that song. It totally relaxes me and I would love someone to sing it to me... (hint) It's a nice slow song that makes me want to dance cheek-to-cheek with my beloved. It's peaceful and quiet and it's what I need most.

I am absolutely exhausted from trying to get everything ready for the holidays. This is the first Christmas without my grandfather and I'm actually quite sad about it. I can still see him sitting next to the fireplace, winking at me and asking "Little one, what did you ask for from Santa this year?" He was an amazing man. I went a little bit overboard on my grandmother's gift this year because I realized it might be her last and I wanted to make it special.

I'm still in my funk. I just want a couple of days where I don't have to talk to anyone, where I can just be quiet and reflect. When we moved into the new place we put the TV up in the loft and I am amazed at how much less I watch it now... and even more amazed at how much I don't miss it. I've been doing other things, reading, trying to unpack and all. I've also noticed how when it gets really quiet, you can actually hear the silence. I like it.

Ok, now I'm enjoying Moondance by Van Morrison. Amazing song. I'll leave you with it.

Well it's a marvelous night for a moondance
With the stars up above in your eyes

You know the night's magic
Seems to whisper and hush
And all the soft moonlight
Seems to shine in your blush...

Can I just have one a' more moondance with you, my love?
Can I just have one a' more moondance with you, my love?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home