Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Still in Ohio

- amid 10 inches of snow but hopefully heading out tonight. After taking a break from writing for a while I feel I'm about ready to speak again. I've got quite a few things on my mind.

Until then, a funny story for you...

We're in a restaurant and the server comes up to take our order, the name on the tag is Kathi. S asks if it's short for Kathleen; I mistakenly think he says Katherine/Kathryn and she answers in the affirmative. She says she actually spells it with a Y instead of an I but her boss put in on wrong and she never got around to changing it.

I said so, is your name spelled with an "erine" or a "ryn" (remember, I think her name is Katherine/Kathryn).

This is actually what she says, no joke, "Uh, it's been so long I don't remember how to spell it."

We all just sat there, dumbfounded, trying our damnedest not to laugh.

Ahh, you just have to love the "Heartland of America."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home