Saturday, February 14, 2004

A day late...

1. Are you superstitious?

Not especially but my husband is, most definitely, when it comes to football.

2. What extremes have you heard of someone going to in the name of superstition?

Do not come between my husband and his football. This man has got to be the most superstituous person I know. One year, we ordered pizza for the first game of the season (The Carolina Panthers) and they won. So, from then on we had to eat pizza on Sundays and it had to be from the same place, and it had to be ordered 30 minutes before the game, and it had to have the same ingredients on it that we ordered the first time.

He attributed the win to the pizza and not the skill of the players. Ok, now, I am not the world's most leading authority on football but here I was thinking that the ability to win might just have something to do with both the skill of the players and the abilities of the coach. And to think, it was pizza the whole time.

3. Believer or not, what's your favorite superstition?

Ohh I love the one about seven years bad luck when you break a mirror. I'm well past the average lifespan in bad luck related to broken mirrors by now.

4. Do you believe in luck? If yes, do you have a lucky number/article of clothing/ritual?

I believe in coincidence. I do have a favorite number, 21, since it's the day of my birth but I don't attribute any luck to it at all. I am not one given to rituals or particularly anything by routine so, no.

5. Do you believe in astrology? Why or why not?

Ahh, this is somewhat of an interesting question for me as I do have a bit of experienece in this area, and it was not good. So, while I believe in astrological things, I do not believe my life is controlled by the patterns of the stars. I see my horoscope as a source of amusement not something around which to plan my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home