Tuesday, September 17, 2002

Time Zones

Last week I traveled to the only state that does not participate in Daylight Savings Time: Arizona. So, consequently, there is a three-hour time difference from North Carolina to Arizona instead of two. It is now Tuesday and still my body is a little freaked out. I am exhausted but haven’t been able to sleep very well since I got home. So, here’s the deal: what happens to the three hours you lose/gain when traveling?

Traveling long distances seems to eat up time that you never get back. My original flight left at 11a.m. I got up at 6:30 to finish packing and get ready, arrived at the airport by 9:15, flight left close to on time, was in the air for 3 hours 50 minutes, arrived in Phoenix at around 3 but there it was noon-ish. By the time I arrived at the hotel, checked-in and unpacked it was 5 p.m. in North Carolina. I had spent an entire day doing nothing but packing, getting ready, traveling, and unpacking again. The same thing happened on the flight home as well… left at 9 a.m. and arrived home at half after 4 p.m. My body clock got off schedule when I left and now that I am home still it is not back to normal!

What happens to that time? I gained three hours on the way and lost them on the way back. Where did they go? Did I really travel back in time in AZ and then into the future in NC? Glad you took the time to read this eh? BORING! I know. I will try to put a little more effort into the next one because I do have a few things to say… just not right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home