Wednesday, September 11, 2002

A Sign of Hope

At 7:35 thie morning I was, as usual, crawling down I-77, approximately 7 miles into my 25 mile journey. Up ahead in the distance I saw a flashing road sign, the kind used to warn about accidents and I immediately cringed because an accident that deserves roadside warning usually means traffic is backed up and I am going to be late for work. I was prepared for the worst but when I approached the sign tears formed in my eyes and to my suprise it read "God Bless the USA. Have A Great Day!" Wow. It never ceases to amaze me how the smallest thing can take on a whole new meaning in light of events past.

Today, of all days, I am thankful to have been so truly blessed. I have come to understand how precious and fleeting life actually is. My prayer is that we will not take anyone, or anything for granted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home