Monday, February 17, 2003

Haulin' As...

We are taking a mini-vacation to drive to Arkansas, visit family and pick up furniture. It's going to be about a 12 to 14 hour drive. I can't wait. No, really. (rolling eyes) I have not driven out there in over three years, and I am really looking forward to it; I would much prefer to fly. I have a lot of "stuff' in storage at home and we plan to rent a U-haul, or some such rental, and bring a lot of it back. I am very happy to be bringing back the china hutch to match my grandmother's dining room table. I will finally have a place to put my wedding china, crystal and silver. Who knows what else will be coming back with us. It's going to be a long trip through the Tennessee and North Carolina mountains pulling a large trailer.

I am however excited to see my Mom and Dad. Last week my Dad had an emergency procedure to unblock an artery in his heart. He had been in to see the doctor before Christmas and had several tests. The results were misread and he was told everything was fine. When he went back in for a check-up, the Doctor discovered the mistake and insisted he go in for surgery the next day. I panicked, and in my usual fatalistic sense feared the worst. Fortunately, everything turned out OK and with the miracle of modern science he is clear and good to go with directions to modify his diet and exercies. I am very much a Daddy's girl, always have been, always will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home