Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Crash

On my way to work Thursday, October 13 I was rear-ended by an 18-wheeler carrying 65,000 pounds of cargo. I'm quite thankful we were in rush hour because the 18-wheeler was only going about 25 to 30 miles an hour. If he'd been traveling much faster he would have rolled right over me. I'm also thankful that the crumple zones on my 1998 Honda Civic worked like a dream and kept me alive.

When I went to retreive the items from my car I noticed the drivers seat had been twisted. The only thing I can think is that I had my right foot so hard on the break that the left side just shifted forward. I went to the hospital but they didn't take x-rays. I'm still in a significant amount of pain in my neck, back, and running down my left arm and left leg. I'm going to my primary care and then to the Chiropractor.

I am in a rental car, Dodge Magnum, and everytime I go outside I keep looking for my little silver Civic first before I realize it's no longer here. When I purchased the car it had 17 miles on it; now it has 117,000. I can't believe I actually drove all those miles. When you think about it that's a lot of time behind the wheel. I've spoken with the insurance agent and she believes it will be totaled out I guess that means I'll be looking for a new car soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home