Thursday, July 18, 2002

What do you do when things don’t turn out as you expected? I have noticed in my life, within the last year or so, that some things just are not what I thought they would be. I guess to be on par for the rest of life some things are better and some are worse.

I am kind of Jill-Come-Lately kind of gal. I am getting a VERY late start in life for a LOT of things. I really did not start drinking with any regularity until after I got married – at 29. I got drunk for the first time on my honeymoon thanks to two strawberry margaritas, one double shot of bourbon and half a bottle of arbor mist and practically a whole bottle of NyQuil!! HA!

Hubby drove and I laid the seat back, stuck my feet out the moon roof, and sang my addresses and telephone numbers to the tune of “Three Blind Mice” It was quite a site to behold. I have very little memory of it too! The amazing thing, and I consider this to be rather ironic, is that I am (thus far) impervious to a hang-over. Now being that my tolerance for alcohol is so low, it doesn’t take much to get me drunk.

Where I find the irony is this. I have migraines -- BAD MIGRAINES and they always cause me to throw up. They started in my mid 20s. I have been getting regular headaches (read daily) since I was 15-years old. They are painful but I have learned to put up with them. When the Migraines hit they hit with a force that so knocked me for a loop I always wound up in the emergency room for a Demerol/phenegren/compazine cocktail! Boy, those are fun.

My very first migraine had me on throwing up on the intake desk at the ER, then lying on the nasty, cold, dirty, germ-infested floor of the ER because I could not sit up. Besides the floor was cold and I was so damn hot I felt as if Lucifer had brought hell up and placed it in my head.

I fee like it’s the universe evening things out that I don’t get a hang-over. I had to endure all that massive headache, eyes sensitive to light, ears sensitive to anything loud, generally feeling like I had been run over by a Mack truck without ever getting the ‘high” of being drunk the night before. So, now I get drunk and wake up feeling just right as rain.

By the way, did I mention that I think Margaritas should be their own food group? (big smile!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home